Friday, December 10, 2010

Special Christmas Gift

I was scrolling through the deals on one of my coupon blogs a couple of months back and came across something I didn't even know existed. Did you know you can have your blog published into a book? I snapped up the half off deal for a blog book on the spot, knowing I'd found the perfect Christmas present for my Grandma.At the age of 87, my paternal grandmother still toodles around town on her bicycle, water skiis and snow skiis. However, Grandma's eye sight is deteriorating due to macular degeneration and she's not especially fond of computers, so she doesn't read this blog. That's why I'm so excited about the blog book I ordered. It came in the mail a few days ago and has some of the more exciting/funny/newsworthy posts of this blog from the past year in it. I do hope Grandma will be able to see the text well enough to read it. I know she'll love the pictures in the book. It's the perfect present for the typical Grandma, the one who has everything (or at least with age has come to realize that things aren't everything in life).

2 comments:

strawberry_kid said...

I've been wanting to do this. Which company did you use? How much work was it to submit? I have nightmares of trying to re-order each blog post so a book starts at the beginning of the year - unlike the blog which has the most current month first.

Matt Macduff Family said...

It was called Blog2Print. My deal was for a 20 page book. It wasn't too hard. Matt just clicked on all the blog posts we thought we'd like to include, then it all went over to Blog2Print. We selected the chronological order setting and it just filled in the book for us. We had to cull a few posts to get it down to 20 pgs. You can preview your book before you finalize your order. It probably took us about 45 min. total for the entire process.