Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One for the Record Books

Last night was probably the most enjoyable night I've ever spent with a newborn--ever. For years I've endured all the stories [taunts?] from other moms who say, "I got home from the hospital and the baby slept through the night," or "My baby is seven weeks old and sleeps from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. every night." Oh barf. We've NEVER had a baby who slept through the night. Matt and I feel blessed if our "baby" starts sleeping through the night at somewhere around eighteen months of age.

But last night, last night was different. I fed Isaac at about 10:45 p.m and instead of waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the night to feed my baby boy, I only awakened twice to feed him. When I woke up at 7:30 a.m., I tried to feed him, but--get this--he was too sleepy to eat. So--get this--I got my shower AND ate my breakfast. Only then was my little guy finally hungry enough to stay awake and nurse. Such a gentleman.Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think that last night will be a lasting pattern, but maybe because Isaac is my seventh child, God thought I deserved just a wee taste of life on the other side--the non-sleep deprived side. Ahh, paradise--at least for one night.

No comments: