Monday, August 25, 2008

Family of Seven

This evening will be the last evening we spend together as a family of seven. I bought some fried chicken and potato salad for dinner. I rented the original "Cheaper by the Dozen" movie. We'll watch it after dinner.

I spent the afternoon confirming childcare duties. I have about half a dozen people who have graciously agreed to take different shifts while Matt and I are in the hospital. The whole plan may be scrapped if my aunt and uncle can come down. My uncle called last night to tell Matt they would come if it rained (thereby temporarily shutting down harvest). Matt said he would pray for rain. My uncle called this morning to say that Matt's prayers worked--they got rain. If things dry out enough, they'll continue harvesting, but if they don't, the kids will be quite pleased. Either way, we know that the Lord is in control.

We're praying that our 7:00 a.m. check-in time will not be moved due to lack of space and that we get a nurse who is kind and caring and, of course, for a safe delivery. We're also praying that we'll be good ambassadors of Christ. Having six children is unusual and we're very aware that people are curious. This presents a perfect opportunity to give glory to our Lord (between contractions, that is).

We'll post pictures as soon as we can. To God be the glory!

No comments: