Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun at the Fair

Matt took all five kids to the fair by himself last night. They went to the rabbit barn and met up with our friends who also have five kids. The two dads took eight of the kids on the rides--wow, what men. Elizabeth cried on the ride Paul thought was the most fun. As you can see, he had a ball.

I stayed home, turned on my favorite CD of hymns and got some little jobs done that I've been needing some uninterrupted time to accomplish. Amazingly enough, I finished my list in an hour and a half. I thought I'd be doing well to get half of the items on the list done. I even had time to talk with my cousin for forty minutes on the phone. Life without interruptions--a rare luxury for a mother. I was sure happy to see my kiddos when they got home, though. They all gave me huge hugs and kisses before going to bed. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

No comments: