Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nesting

I've been in full nesting mode for about two weeks now. Since this is my sixth time around, I thought I wouldn't be quite so eager to nest, but those pregnancy hormones are powerful. It rubs off on Matt, too. He always has a list of projects he would like to complete before a new addition arrives. Of course, our ideas of what has priority status don't always mesh. He always wants to clean the garage. I always want to clean closets.

All in all, though, I have a very accommodating husband. He's learned to bow to the wishes of a hormone crazed wife. I had him up until 11 p.m. last Monday hanging pictures. I had been having contractions all night and didn't want to go to the hospital until I got my pictures hung. The contractions finally subsided at midnight and Matt and I were able to get somewhat of a good night's sleep.

This is the first pregnancy in which I've had the luxury of having two older girls to whom I can delegate some of my nesting jobs. Both Grace and Elizabeth have been a great help to me. What a blessing!

I've also had many blessings given to me by my friends. My friend Lisa has helped so much with all the unpacking and organizing. I really didn't expect to be so far along in getting this house into order before the baby came and it's been a huge burden lifted from my shoulders to have things put in their places.

My friend Laurie made two beautiful baby blankets for Jude. They're going to be perfect for swaddling him. I always like to have at least one new blanket for each baby. I packed the two blankets Laurie made in my hospital bag.

My friend Julie made some church-worthy burp cloths. The girls were especially thrilled with these. Grace thinks an old cloth diaper just isn't nice enough to take to church. Julie even offered to do all my canning for this year--now that's TRUE friendship. Anybody who has canned before knows what an offer of service this is.

I've been trying to get childcare in place for when Matt and I have to go to the hospital. I was really starting to get nervous about it this past weekend. I had to keep saying to God, "You saved this baby. I know You have a plan. I know You won't abandon me now."

I was able to get a young lady who has taken care of our kids before to commit to the majority of the day on the 26th. The kids absolutely love Cassandra, so all should be well. Our friends Cami and Peggy also offered to help should I go into labor before that day. Matt's brother and sister-in-law said they would be available. My mom and Matt's parents will also help as needed. The Lord has provided, as He always does. Why do I doubt the Lord who has always taken care of me? Oh ye of little faith. I'm still being sanctified. Praise God that He hasn't seen fit to abandon such a big project.

No comments: