Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Visitors

My Grandma made a surprise trip to our house yesterday. It's been seven years since she has been in town. She came down with my parents and we had a nice family dinner, which included my sister, whose birthday we celebrated (albeit a bit late).

The kids had a great time showing great grandma our new house. They showed off all their tricks on the playset and cooked pretend dinners with both grandmas. The kids basked in the enthusiastic responses they received for everything they did.

Our old neighbor and friend, Marg, came to visit this morning. The kids showed off all their current projects and received the much desired praise they were seeking.

Grace and I started to unload the school room books this afternoon. We're trying to get things organized for the school year in the next week so that we have a plan in place before the baby comes.

Tonight I'll make zucchini boats for dinner again. Surprisingly, these were extremely popular when I made them last week. It's a recipe that's diabetic friendly and I didn't expect to receive requests for an encore.

Life seems to be settling into a more normal pace for us. I'll enjoy it while I can. In just three weeks everything will be upside down again, but we'll have a new baby to love and snuggle and that always makes everyone happy.

No comments: