Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big Brother

My biggest worry concerning the birth of Jude was how Joel would handle it. I've never had two babies so close in age before and I anticipated that Joel would not let go of his baby status willingly. So far, my worries have been unfounded. Joel has transitioned very well into the "little man" of the family. He follows Paul wherever he goes and imitates all things Paul.

I've tried to give Joel extra hugs and cuddles, but he's really not wanting them. I thought he'd relish some mommy time, but he's more interested in doing what the big kids are doing. Joel was quite spoiled (I'll admit it). Matt and I felt so badly for him when he was in the cast and those behaviors stuck when he was no longer in the cast. I guess now that the bar has been set higher, Joel has risen to the occasion and has proven he can be content without all the doting.

Last night we had spaghetti for dinner. A nice woman from our church brought it to us. Joel absolutely loved it. I've been told Matt relished spaghetti in the same manner at Joel's age. Like father like son.

No comments: