Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Photo Shoot

The annual Christmas picture of the kids. The end result should be one of happy, smiling faces evoking joy in the observer. I can't tell you how difficult it is to get six kids to smile all at the same time-- and when the camera is ready.

This year--three different days, about fifty different shots. Result--one so-so picture that I'll call good enough. I resorted to bribery for all three photo shoots. On the last shoot I pulled out the M & Ms I had intended to put in the candy dish on Christmas Eve. Joel wasn't satisfied with just a couple of M & Ms, he wanted the whole bag. So I gave it to him. He's got a mouthful and tight grip on the bag in the Macduff Kids 2008 Christmas picture. At least Joel was IN picture. Up to that point he wouldn't have anything to do with it. I know the other kids felt the same way, they just have slightly more self-control. Next year we'll try again with the same predictable results, I'm sure.

One thing I did differently this year--I didn't worry about the kids clothes. I just took the picture in black and white so that it wouldn't matter that Paul's camo clashed with Lydia's pink coat. Here's a few pictures that didn't make the cut:


1 comment:

strawberry_kid said...

We sympathize with your pain and we only have three kids! Great idea in doing it in black & white.

~Julie & Brian