Thursday, February 12, 2009

Brotherly Love

Last night as we were readying the kids for bed, Joel decided to hop into Paul's bed. He snuggled up next to his big brother, pulled the blanket up around his little chin and contentedly sucked on his binky (yes, I know, he shouldn't even have a binky, but that's another battle for another time). I saw a little smile underneath that bink. He was in a blissful state.

Paul wasn't at all excited about the prospect of sharing his bed with Joel. I said, "Let's just try it out Paul. When Joel falls asleep, I'll move him to his crib." A few minutes later Joel broke the peaceful nighttime silence with his incoherent babbling. It was his usual before-bed dissertation, the subject of which only he knows. Paul said, "Moooom, I don't want Joel to sleep with me until he's two!" (Which, by the way, is Sunday.)

No comments: