Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's in the Genes

Today the guys grouted the tile on the floor in our bathroom. I had picked out a color called "latte" for the grout. I learned after doing the bathroom at our old house that it's better to have a darker colored grout because it doesn't show the dirt over time the way a lighter grout does.

The grout looked exactly like I thought it would when it went down today, but over the course of the day as it dried, it became lighter and lighter.

I said to Paul (mostly just because he was there, not because I thought he would have a response), "I don't know, it looks so much lighter than I thought it would." "It is what it is, Mama," he replied.

When Matt got home, I told him I had been dumpster diving looking for the empty package of grout to see if the guys really did use the "latte" grout. He said, "It doesn't really matter, Melissa. It is what it is."

I let out a laugh. Like father like son.

No comments: