Friday, April 2, 2010

Matzo Ball Soup for a Crowd

Last night our church hosted a Passover Seder meal. The woman who organized it asked me to make the matzo ball soup. She assured me there wouldn't be that many people in attendance. However, the list of reservations kept growing and growing. The final head count was 115.

Grace multiplied our usual recipe for matzo ball soup by fourteen. I made over 200 matzo balls. Good thing I had a bunch of homemade chicken broth in the freezer as well as a stash of matzo meal which I got on my first "extreme couponing" shopping trip.
It was a beautiful Seder, complete with a traditional Passover feast. Our family spent the night alternately serving for and partaking of the evening's festivities. Since our kids were some of the few in attendance, three of them were able to find the Afikomen and they each received prizes for their efforts. Who doesn't like chocolate coins, especially a little boy named Joel?

No comments: