Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I wasn't very organized for the big day today. Yesterday we worked all day at the other house. Also, Matt's sister, Lori, had her baby(Conner) two weeks earlier than expected. We had planned on getting the rest of the stuff in the garage and the barn over to the new house, but with all the unpredictability of the day, we were unable to achieve this goal. We did get the lawn mower over here, though. We were also able to clear out the inside of the house to get things ready for the handyman and the woman who will be cleaning.

Today I woke up early and headed to the store to get some orange juice (Matt's favorite) for breakfast. When I got back, Grace helped me prepare breakfast. We ate, gave Daddy his present (a new watch to replace his broken one) then headed to church. After a quick lunch, we headed up to the old house to pick up another van load. As we were driving home, we passed the new bakery. It was open, so Matt decided to stop. We've stopped there four different times, but each time all the baked goods were sold out. Today we hit gold, though. We purchased a chocolate cake that weighed close to 10 lbs. The girls and I had wanted to make Daddy a chocolate cake for Father's Day, but we didn't have time, so we were glad to get one. Joel cried all the way home. He saw the cake in my lap from his car seat and was quite sure that I was one mean Mommy in not giving him some right then and there.

When we got home, my Uncle Keith and Aunt Leanna were here. My Mom, Dad, brother and cousin arrived shortly thereafter. My sister and niece came about dinner time. We had a very nice get-together. We topped off the evening with the decadent chocolate cake, which I figure will be my last until the baby comes as I'll probably be on a diabetic diet soon.

As for me, I got to spend the day with the three men who've most influenced my faith in Christ: my Dad, my godfather (Uncle Keith) and my dear husband, Matt. It was a blessed Father's Day.

Here's a picture of one proud Daddy with his family:

No comments: