Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Boy

Joel is one happy little boy. He's completely oblivious to all the chaos that surrounds him with this move. Every morning he wakes up, pats his legs, grabs his toes and grins the biggest grin. It's been one week since his cast was removed. He's still pretty weak, but he's so much happier now. It makes me realize how sad he was when he was in his cast. He's able to crawl on all fours, but still has difficulty standing. Actually, this has been just fine with me as I'm so busy trying to pack I don't have time to chase a mobile toddler. Today I'll head to Wal-Mart and buy some more size 3 diapers. I thought he'd surely be in a 4 after the cast, but he's a pretty skinny little guy right now and the size 4s are falling off. He still doesn't have much of an appetite, but we're figuring he's just going through one of the stages that toddlers go through when they don't eat much. Chicken nuggets are his current favorite--not the best choice, but at least he gets some protein.

No comments: