Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeling Yucky

The last few days I've felt pretty gross. I do have gestational diabetes and will go to a diabetes education class in a week. In the meantime, my friend, who has had gestational diabetes during her last two pregnancies, has given me some valuable tips. I've learned how many grams are in one protein and one carbohydrate. This makes label reading easier. I also learned that you have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. Yesterday was my first day of doing this and I felt a bit better. I also went to Costco yesterday and picked up some roasted almonds, turkey and good salad dressing (without sugar). I'm allowed to eat as many vegetables as I want :) I really can't tell you how much vegetables don't appeal to me when I'm pregnant, but I'm sure I'll learn to love them.

My friend Julie has made five meals for us since we've moved. Her family belongs to a local community supported agriculture program. The meals she's prepared have each included two to three vegetables. Last night she made roasted radishes. They were actually pretty tasty--even Matt liked them. I dished up several servings because I can eat as many vegetables as I want.

I know this is only for a season and I'll have the reward of a bouncing baby boy at the end of it all. God is still on the throne and I am still His child.

No comments: