Thursday, June 5, 2008

One Day Left

Today is our last day to pack as the movers come tomorrow. We've pretty much given up hope on being able to pack the garage this weekend. We'll have to come back next weekend and clear out the garage and barn. Matt's brother-in-law, Chris, made a heroic effort to get the chicken house moved this weekend, but we decided that BIG project will have to wait. We have neighbors who have always done an excellent job of taking care of the chickens while we're away, so we're not worried. Instead, Chris will bring a pickup and trailer on Saturday to help us with all the boxes.

Signing for the house went well yesterday. Since Monday, we've had a steady stream of folks stopping by to lend a hand, for which I'm so grateful. This move just wouldn't be happening without all of the help we've had. Mary and Beth packed on Monday. Russ brought a few more boxes and a promise to help on Saturday. Julie and Brian came last night to help and will come again tonight. Today Ruth and Myra will pack the kitchen. Nila will help me with the rest of the house, clearing surfaces so that the movers can move the big stuff. The kids have spent time this week with Aunt Jessica and Aunt Cami. Tomorrow my friend Tammy and Grandma Dianne will each take a shift.

It feels like a circus around here. I'm not much for circuses, but I know it's only temporary. The God I serve will give me the strength to do what I need to do. I read one of my favorite stories in the Bible (1 Kings 18:20-40) this morning--Elijah (prophet of the Lord) vs. 450 prophets of Baal & 400 prophets of Asherah (ministers of Satan). Yes, God is STILL ruler of the universe and He can surely get me and my little brood moved this weekend.

No comments: