Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Joy Comes in the Morning

Last night Joel slept in our bed as has been his routine since he's been in his cast. We figure we'll get him in his crib again once we move to the new house. It was such a blessing to feel Joel's two little feet kicking my back during the night (no kidding!). When I got up, I saw Joel's ten little toes peeking out from the covers. He was sound asleep on his stomach--something he hasn't been able to do for seven weeks.

When I got out of the shower, I heard Joel squealing excitedly. Paul was in bed with him, tickling his toes. I got dressed and then scooped Joel up and sat in bed with him. He patted his left leg and looked up at me with a big grin on his face. I think Joel had forgotten that his cast was off and he was so happy to wake up and discover his legs were free. I then took Joel to Daddy. He sat on Daddy's lap and patted his own legs. He wanted Daddy to know about his little legs, too. What a great way to start the day.

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5b

No comments: