Saturday, May 17, 2008

Work Day

We accomplished a lot today. The Lord gave us the strength because we're not usually so efficient.

Grace and I headed out to yard sales early this morning. We were able to find several things that we needed to make this house more ready to sell. We found a refrigertor (I want to take mine with me) and some tab top curtains for the school room. My neighbor Marge sewed tab top curtains for me a few years ago and attached my Grandpa Paul's ties to them. These curtains are too special to me to leave here, so I was glad to find some replacements for them this morning. I also found a nice space heater for $3 for Matt's office at the new house (it's not heated by the central air system). I bought a few more things for baby Jude and a cool camo hat for Paul. Grace and I scored a whole bunch of boxes from a couple that had just moved. They were tickled to get rid of them. Matt had to pick them up for us in the trailer later in the day because we couldn't fit them all in the Subaru.

My friend Julie stopped by in the afternoon. We've been friends since kindergarten and it was nice to catch up with her. We live about 20 minutes from each other, but our lives are so busy we don't see each other much. Her eldest son graduates the day we move, so unfortunately we'll miss the festivities.

My other friend Tammy stopped by to say "hi" so I got to take a break from yard work for a bit. It got plenty hot here today--97 degrees. All of us drank a ton of water and donned our hats and sunscreen.

Matt weedwacked, mowed the lawn, got sprinklers set, cleaned out and mulched several flower beds, took a load to the dump, went and got the boxes and the refrigerator, hosed off three very muddy kids, sold his trailer, changed a big mess of Joel's ( after which we decided to forgo the antibiotic for his ear infection until after he gets his cast off) and took a picture of an owl in our arborvitae.
We still have a ton of work to do, but we got a nice amount of work done today. I'm sure we'll all sleep well tonight.

No comments: