Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

As Matt and I read in bed last night I told him that the day was probably the best Mother's Day I'd ever had.

I awoke in the morning to Lydia's loud voice--not an unusual occurrence, just an unusual hour (5:50 a.m.). The kids were outside in the wind and cold weeding my flower bed (see previous post). I do love them so. Then Matt made everyone a delicious breakfast, we ran everyone through the bath/shower and headed to church. After cleanup in the kitchen and sanctuary, we all headed to lunch at the Mexican restaurant. They even gave me a rose as we left. We stopped at the store for a few things, then on to Dairy Queen (as soon as the word "ice cream" was mentioned, Joel started screaming and waving his arms in anticipation). We arrived home late in the afternoon and had a very short quiet time (much to the delight of the kids). Matt and the kids worked on Bible study while I made a quick dinner. Before bedtime, I began reading Anne of Green Gables to the kids. We figured Anne and her antics would bring us some cheer and she delivered. We'll continue to enjoy the red-headed heroine until we finish the book. We're always so disappointed when we read the last chapter of a good book, but as they say, "all good things must come to and end."

Speaking of good things coming to an end, today Grace had her braces removed. She now has an even more beautiful smile than before. She's turning into a lovely young lady, both inside and out. Daddy and I are so proud of her and all the other wee ones with which the Lord has blessed us. We're so undeserving of His extravagant grace.

No comments: